cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey all. I have another Head smell...

Verm
Guest Contributor

Hey all. I have another Head smell problem, I know everyone like to see.

Anyways, I have a 1994 300 Sundancer and I have that nasty smell which seems to be coming from under the kitchen sink. The vacuum bottle for the head is mounted there. There is also a through hull fitting where it looks like the sink drain goes directly out.

Have flushed out the system a couple of times. But the smell keeps coming back. Have checked the sump under the cabin floor and that is clean and dry. Any suggestions here?

Thanks

Rich

1 REPLY 1

Chrisvbsr
Guest Contributor
Are you sure the sink drain goes outside? Some systems have the sink drain go to the waste tank directly. They put a p trap (loop in the hose) to trap water which acts as valve to prevent waste gasses from coming out the sink. You should have a waste vent through hull, some have charcoal filters. If that gets blocked or the through hull gets blocked then pressure can burp any p trap and you get the bad smell.
Another source can be defective batteries or charging system. Over charged batteries can produce sulfur smells which can seem like waste tank odor.
One last source can be your hot water heater. This can also make a rotten egg smell.
Good luck finding the issue, I had the same problem, mine was a bad filter.