cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 270 SLX stereo routing

xman03
Guest Contributor

Hello all, first time poster here. I just picked up my new to me 2011 270 SLX, and I'm looking to swap out all of the stereo components. So far I've done the head unit upgrade to a Fusion RA-770, but I'm looking for advice on how to route a new helm control(Fusion ERX-400) and transom control(Fusion NRX-300). Poking my head behind the control plate it appears I can't use the existing Sony helm remote wire to feed the new Fusion through, since the factory grommet is so tight. Haven't even looked at the transom remote yet, just got the passenger head unit installed and reached my limit for that day.

I also noticed a factory looking XM antenna directly in front of the windshield port side, but at first glance couldn't see where it terminated(nor was there a connection on the stock Sony radio for this), wondering if I can use this antenna in place of the SXV300 kit I purchased since the stock is flush mounted to the gunwale.

Any advice on working these cables to their intended locations would be appreciated! Can upload pics later if it helps or is needed. I've seen some other installs and I'd like to keep the wiring as stealth as possible, not running through any exposed areas or head. Will eventually be replacing all of the Rockford Fosgate speakers with Fusion RGB, so if you have advice on routing combo RGB-speaker wire I'll take it. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

greatwrapz
Guest Contributor

Hello, did you have any luck with this?  I need to change my components on my recently purchased 2010 300 SLX.  I'm not sure how to remove the wired helm remote.  Do you have any advise for me to avoid messing anything up?