cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP on Stereo. I have a 2011 270...

Mark218
Guest Contributor

HELP on Stereo.

I have a 2011 270 SLX and some of the stereo speakers on the starboard have quit working. The starboard bow speaker but the mid (helm) and stern speaker stop working about 90% of the time. The boat has 6 speakers, 3 on each side. I have checked the speaker connections and they seem to be connected just fine. I am wondering what else to check as every so often when we start the boat up for the day all the speakers will work but after a few minutes the 2 starboard speakers will quit again. Any ideas what to check again. We are at the Lake of the Ozarks in central MO and it is hard to find someone to do stereo repair. I have called my dealer and they done seem to work on systems out of warranty.I am missing my tunes while cruising along. Any ideas would be appreciated.....

6 REPLIES 6

LuckyDog1
Guest Contributor
Did you check connections to the amp as well as the speakers themselves? Assuming you have an amp, which I would think so for 6 speakers.

Mark218
Guest Contributor
I will check that assuming I can figure out how to get to the back of the amp. It has the Sony stereo system from the factory not it is not obvious how to get to the stereo's back side. What you say makes sense as it works then quite underway like a loose connection. I'll give it a try if I can get back there. IT seems odd that the dealer does not want to give it a shot when they are out to do service for dewinterization.

AtlantaSam
Guest Contributor
My 250SLX did the same thing. The exact same speakers went out. I have the Momo speakers with the Clarion system and Polk Amps. I am going to try checking the wire connection at the amp. If that's ok I am going to test with a different speaker to see if its the wiring running in the starboard gunwale.

AtlantaSam
Guest Contributor
I was able to get my speakers working again. The starboard side rear had the wires pulled loose. I removed the speaker from the front and reattached. I did notice on my boat that each speaker has a crossover box in line. I had to move the switches back and forth several times and this got the speakers working again. May be some corrosion inside them. If you have a 6 in round and a separate tweeter, you most likely have the crossover.

Captain_Zero
Guest Contributor
Disconnect your rear transom radio control to see if it is causing the problem. They fail often

Mark218
Guest Contributor
Thanks. I'll give it a try next time I am down at the boat.