cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2011 270 SLX that I picked...

270_SLX_Quick_E
Guest Contributor

I have a 2011 270 SLX that I picked up at the end of last year. It has the 8.2L MAG MPI engine. In the engine compartment there is a hose fitting that I cannot find the purpose of. A friend told me it’s to flush the engine, can anyone confirm or deny this? Also any particular instructions on how to use properly would be appreciated

Thanks, Andy

3 REPLIES 3

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

There are not raw water engine flush kits that have been fitted by the factory, to my knowledge.

The garden hose fitting that is shown in the attached image appears instead to be for shore connection of the potable water. That connection permits usage of garden hose potable water instead of from the holding tank. Pretty sure that connection doesn't also top off the potable water holding tank.

Captain_Ben
Guest Contributor
The hose attachment is part of the whole engine flush kit. If you are not able to find it online, you might have to purchase the whole device. They aren't that expensive.

Paulswagelock
Guest Contributor
My 2007 8.1 had the factory flush kit, might have been a dealer install though. In either case, that is a flush kit. Look up the instructions on use, but on mine it T’d into the raw water pick up and fed the pump. However, after years of use, the plastic water tube in my outdrive melted closed from insufficient water in the lower unit to cool the exhaust as the lower unit isn’t drawing in cold water during use. I stopped using it.