cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi dear mariners. I have a 2015...

Mahalo
Guest Contributor

Hi dear mariners.

I have a 2015 sun dancer 310 and last weekend my starboard engine gave me an alarm. I reads "Warning. Engine power limited. Stbd Engine. Reduce speed" Now this happened about 15 minutes of the boat running at 4k RPM, When I reduced to 3k the warning went away but when I increased above 3k RPM the alar would begin again. Oil pressure and temp were perfectly normal. Any guesses?

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

Korkie
Guest Contributor
Do you have SmartCraft or Vessel View? What is the fault code(s) it is indicating?

Mahalo
Guest Contributor
HThanks for your reply Korkie. I think it is vessel view. Here is a pic I took of the alarm.

Korkie
Guest Contributor
Mahalo - I am not familiar with the Vessel View as i have the SmartCfaft. Somewhere it should give you a fault code that put that reduce speed warning up. Sorry couldn't help. May try the SeaRay forumat: clubsearay.com. Lots of info there.

Fran_ta_Sea
Guest Contributor
When mine did that it was an O2 sensor. Easy to change.

Scott3262
Guest Contributor
Also check, if you have outdrive, the gear lube. If liwnit will put the motor in guardian mode (reduced power)

CryoMike
Guest Contributor
I had the same issue with my 260 sundancer and it also was the O2 sensor, like Fran ta Sea mentioned. Easy fix.

Two_Names
Guest Contributor
I had same issue and manifolds needed replacement. Be careful, if not replaced in time water can get in to engine and cause rusting requiring engine replacement, take this seriously.

Mahalo
Guest Contributor
Thank you all for your comments.
So here is an update since a mechanic plugged in his laptop to the engines. There is low water flow on my starboard engine an now in lieu of the alarm going off at 3k is tigers at 1.5k.
The mechanic swapped the sensor and the problem continues. Therefore he said it is likely that it is caused by the impeller. They are going to work on it this week. i hope it is not the manifold! Fortunately i have the Brunswick insurance that hopefully will pay if it is the manifold.

Mahalo
Guest Contributor
BTW Two Names. The engines have 112 hours is the manifold issue possible with that low usage?

Two_Names
Guest Contributor
Mine only had roughly 250 hours, all salt water. I exhausted all avenues before changing manifold. At time mechanic recommended changing both, didn’t listen and second went soon after. My manifolds went after 4 years. Mechanic said Mercury must know this is a problem because the manifolds were difficult to get because of a shortage and the replacements were twice the weight of the originals.

Two_Names
Guest Contributor
Also had same alarm due to water flow also. Outdrive sucked up a plastic bag on one side of intake reducing water flow through cooling system. Once removed alarm stopped and engine ran fine.

Mahalo
Guest Contributor
Mechanic will look at it tomorrow I'll let you know od the outcome. Thanks for all your help