cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2015 270 SLX. After washing...

csbobo
Guest Contributor

I have a 2015 270 SLX. After washing it this weekend I noticed the ski locker under the floor holding a lot of water. I've looked for a drain that might be clogged, but can't find one. Anyone have any ideas? Its like a little bathtub down there.

7 REPLIES 7

Hugo
Guest Contributor
Isn't there a drain plug on the aft side draining into the bilge?

csbobo
Guest Contributor
There is a partition at the back of the ski locker that separates it from the fresh water pump. you think it may be behind that?

Ripptyd
Guest Contributor
If your boat is so equipped,Check the automatic bilge pump.
These pumps have a habit of going bad.

2012260SD
Guest Contributor
We had the same problem, during manufacturing they forgot to drill the drain hole, I drilled a couple of 1/2" holes and have no problems now. Beware the gas tank 🙂

csbobo
Guest Contributor
I found the problem. It is equipped with a fwd sump pump, and the float switch has gone bad.

Zeke2
Guest Contributor
I had same problem with 2014 250 SLX.....they put cheap switch/pump in with switch in backwards at factory.....replaced with a Rule switch /pump in the correct direction.....hope this helps

Hugo
Guest Contributor
Love my Sea Ray 2002 220 bow rider. But I’d be hard pressed to buy a recent year Sea Ray. I think when the company had Sea Ray, Maxim and Bayliner, the quality in the Sea Ray and Maxum lines was noteworthy. But after that, hard pressed to be impressed.
Sorry if I fat fingered any of this reply.
Have a fun, expense-less boating season.