cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everyone - I have a 2014 330...

Kyle_R_
Guest Contributor

Hi everyone - I have a 2014 330 Dancer and it has the annoying electronic horn/buzzing/prison escape sound. Does anyone know if this electronic module can be replaced with a normal horn sound?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
The horn installed by the factory on my boat was impossible to hear at the helm when underway.

My solution was to install cruise ship horns, a tug boat whistle and a high volume high pressure custom air compressor system. Now there is zero issue with other vessel operators feeling the sound.

In your case examine the available volume where the OEM horn is installed. Available size will determine the replacement options.

There are plenty of options on Amazon w/ audio clips. Some sound decent.

Beaniemanman
Guest Contributor
https://www.kahlenberg.com/model-k-380-chrome.html
Great horns! have them on my 320.... white not chrome.

zozzimus
Guest Contributor
If you are talking about an alarm sounding when you start the engines, it might be low hydraulic oil on the small square plastic reservoirs on top of the engine for the transmission oil (Blueish tinted oil) or the cabin CO2 detectors are sometimes very sensitive especially if the cabin door is open and engines are running while stopped!

Kyle_R_
Guest Contributor
Hi all - Thank you for the feedback. I'm specifically talking about the actual horn on the boat. This year/model has a strange electronic sound that sounds nothing like a blast horn, so I was curious if sound could be changed. Thank you for the tips!

Rod2017
Guest Contributor
I have changed out my horn on my 2008 DA 310 I found that the factory replacement can be found on eBay or Amazon the last one seems to be a lot louder

Korkie
Guest Contributor
If you are describing the DUCK horn sound, that is the normal SR horn. You can change it out with a regular horn. Just make sure it isn't drawing too many amps for the size wire and fuse. We DC'd and added electric trumpets on the arch. Used same button on the dash as we powered them trough a relay that draws minimal amps. Certainly gets the attention of others when blown.