cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 09 350DA/370DA with a...

wai_phung
Guest Contributor

I have a 09 350DA/370DA with a hydraulic lift to get to the engine room. I left the 5 new AGM batteries over the winter plugged into the marina wall outlet to have the battery charger keep the batteries topped off. Since the spring, the marina had moved my boat from one spot to another to free up parking and left the charger unplugged.

Now in mid-summer, I have decided to launch my boat. On the 4th of July, I had plugged my charger back in, and today I had tried to see if there was any juice to open the engine hood to get to the ER. No luck, batteries dead. I went to costco and picked up one of their Duracell battery jump box rated at 1100 Peak Amp (4-6-8 cylinder engines), charged it for a few hours and plugged it to the cigarette lighter. 

When I turned the engine key for both engines, I got a green light ONLY to the starboard push button, no green light on the port side button. I went up to press the hatch button and there is no power at all. Maybe the powerpack isn't strong enough or not completely charged, but I can't get it to open. Bilge fan, bilge pump, horn worked.

I left with the battery charge still plugged in, I'm home now charging the powerpack. I'm going back tomorrow to work on this some more.

Any one have this problem or have a solution? I am getting desperate....

11 REPLIES 11

HHI_Cruiser
Guest Contributor
The cigarette lighter is probably run off the starboard batteries and lift must be connected to port. Did you have a 50 amp connection with the AC converter on for charging? I'm not sure of an alternate connection that could jump start the start the port batteries but there should be a transfer button to allow your port and starboard batteries to bridge or swap for the purpose of engine start, that same button MAY allow you to raise the ER hatch, but I cannot say that with confidence or suggest doing it, however maybe someone else can chime in to confirm.

CaptainK
Guest Contributor
The switch next to the starting switches on my 340 DA connects the batteries together in case on engine won't start. Try holding this down and use the hatch swith

wai_phung
Guest Contributor
I had to hook up my car battery and use a clamp adapter with cigarette lighter to energize the motor. Weird thing was, as soon as the hatch opened up and I disconnected the car battery, the AC power kicked in and started to charge the batteries. I disconnected shore-power and pro-nautic charger from battery and tested with a multimeter, I was receiving 10.89V on the deep cycles and 3.xx on the [3] AGM batteries. Seems like the main breaker box in the ER tripped and the car battery must have reset it. I'm giving it a week to see if the charger, brings the AGM back to spec, otherwise they are going back for warranty. The deep cycle flooded will be replaced with [2] new AGMs.
I'm not sure what would trip the main breaker box, but this concerns me...

wai_phung
Guest Contributor
BTW, the tie-in button didn't work

Auditor
Guest Contributor
My hatch operates using shore power with no batteries installed.

Calm_Crews
Guest Contributor
Did you make sure your rear door was open? I did this before that’s why I am asking. Felt like an idiot.

wai_phung
Guest Contributor
Calm Crews, I've done that in the past a long time ago, also the door to the trash bin by the refrigerator....
I made sure, everything was closed and ready. Normally I hear the motor on the lift go up, then the hood does. It was completely dead. I got it to work by plugging my car battery to the cigarette lighter and it must of reset the main breaker in the ER. This is a stupid design, if this were to happen again, I'll have to figure out a way to flip that switch in the ER to reset the box

CaptainK
Guest Contributor
I am rewiring that breaker in the engine compartment to either the panel under the steering wheel or in one of the gun whales.

CaptainK
Guest Contributor
Trying to unhook the rams and lifting the hatch is a bitch

wai_phung
Guest Contributor
I don't know if the engine hatch can support the weight of the chairs on it. The last time I did that it seemed like the fiberglass was about to snap or chip off

Captn__Henry
Guest Contributor
Captain Henry

I have an 08 350/370 DA. Some of the switches on the panels requires the Port batteries and Starboard batteries to be Energized to work. I think that's the case with the engine lift. Good luck with the battery charger.....