cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2001 280 Sundancer, I...

Island_time2
Guest Contributor

I have a 2001 280 Sundancer, I want to install an engine hatch lift, I can’t find where the switch wiring terminates in the engine compartment. Can anyone help. Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

Ididntdoit
Guest Contributor
I think this series of 280 DA Finally came with a hatch lift very late in production - like '08 or so - I would look at listings in YW and see if you can find one to get an idea - you would likely need a 24" actuator - make sure the motor is ignition protected - hardin marine has a nice setup that has a remote pump - as for making the switch work - my bet is you will need to locate the lead right at the EIM as I doubt there was any wiring to the bilge as it would be years before that was included on the 280DA - the switch pods on your boat were universal, and used on several different models - I know what you mean about the hatch needing a lift, I had an '04 280 and even with the gas struts it was a bear.....and dangerous to close if your toes got in the way! good luck with your project

Island_time2
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the response, I bought a Lenco Marine linear lift . I found an engine hatch rocker switch on eBay that I am mounting in the plastic panel in the starboard side of the arch. The local Sea Ray dealer told me that there was no wiring installed at the factory