cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2005 sundancer 320. I...

garybly
Guest Contributor

I have a 2005 sundancer 320. I have a water leak in the cabinet on the starboard side right under the A/C duct above the sofa, any idea where to look for the leak?

7 REPLIES 7

Mark_A
Guest Contributor
I have a 2003 320 and had the same problem on the Port side. Water ran into the cabinets in the head. Turned out to be the seal around the porthole windows. I removed the two window frames (not a big job although helps to have two people one working in and the other outside) and resealed with a flexible marine sealant. No water since. Good luck!

garybly
Guest Contributor
Mine is the tall cabinet with the a/c duct above it. Maybe condensation or the skylight?

Vegas_Strong
Guest Contributor
I have a 1988 300 Sundancer. The generator is the Onan 4kw. Problem is that was the last year they made this generator.
Anyone have a good source for parts for this old Onan?

dcpease
Guest Contributor
We had some water get into the cabinet on our 05 Sundancer 28’ when it rained and it turns out it was the anchor locker hatch rim. There’s a little drain there that was clogged and when it rained it found a path down the starboard side into the cabinet. Cleaned and resealed the anchor locker hatch rim drain and it fixed the problem.

TandE
Guest Contributor
It can come from anything that penetrates the top side and the top side is cored. If you’re lucky it’s coming through or around one of the windows, those are glassed all the way through. It can also come through the base of the windshield or one of the stansions and migrate a ways down. If it gets the core wet, that needs to be addressed before it’s sealed back up. Good luck!

cbruck
Guest Contributor
We had a water leak in that area that turned out to be the windshield washer that the hose had come loose where it passes through the hull to the windshield. Access was through a speaker cover that is easily removed to give you access to the wiper motor and that hose.

El-egant
Guest Contributor
Check for a leak around the skylight. Had the sme problem and that's where we found the water coming from.