cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2001 340 Sundancer and...

KevsFinally
Guest Contributor

I have a 2001 340 Sundancer and getting water in my aft cab floor while the boats out of the water when it rains. Has anyone come across this and trace where the water was coming from? Any advice would be helpful thank you

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

The aft cabin has limited exterior exposure, as shown in this image.

https://images.boattrader.com/resize/1/81/4/338104_20201202191507481_20_LARGE.jpg

The sides of the aft cabin are against the fuel tanks. It is unlikely to leak from the sides.

The top of that cabin is the helm.

It may be that the helm chair base bolts are leaking. That would be revealed by removing the headliner.

It may be that the salon door is leaking, such as though the base track screws.

Does the aft cabin have a small window on the port side looking out onto the cockpit floor?

Is the water visible, such as puddling somewhere> If so, where does it puddle?

KevsFinally
Guest Contributor
Thanks
We do have that window . We did get a heavy rain that leaked. In bathroom window. Found 2 areas where water may have leaked from bathroom to aft carpet. I will try to attach pictures. The boat is now shrink wrapped so should be dry for winter after I dry out carpets

wingless
Rising Contributor
Yes, as you know the head has close proximity to the aft cabin, so water leaking at the head could travel to the aft cabin.

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/906871_07d7bce988cc4f4c89f23a06c25e06cc~mv2.png/v1/fill/w_693,h_278,al_c,lg_1,q_85/layout_edited_edited.webp

The shrink wrap will change and likely reduce the rain water exposure for this problem.

The attached image shows insufficient sealing to prevent water intrusion. It might be sealing for intrusion is not required at that location.

KevsFinally
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the diagram.
I will pursue this once the shrink wrap gets removed. I have a big fan running on it now trying to dry everything up. All the best to you thanks again