cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2004 Sea Ray 300. My Raymarine...

Olly
Guest Contributor

I have a 2004 Sea Ray 300. My Raymarine SL70C chart plotter is not picking up a GPS signal. I am getting a “No Fix” on the display. I have tried restarting the GPS with no luck. Any ideas on a solution?

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
Which GPS antenna is being used on that dinosaur?

Does that GPS antenna have an exterior LED to indicate receiver status? If so, what status is displayed?

Are any other devices on the network, like the VHF, that also use GPS? If so, what is happening with those other devices?

Olly
Guest Contributor
My Raymarine 215 VHF radio (also a dinosaur) is not receiving the NMEA data. The GPS antenna is a short stubby type. It is in the middle of the radar arch so it was difficult to check on the LED on a sunny day.

wingless
Rising Contributor
When I need to perform top center arch service I partially detach the Bimini top and use a step ladder to gain unfettered access.

Olly
Guest Contributor
There is an LED on the antenna that is red when the unit is both on and off.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The LED on my Raystar 125 GPS receiver used w/ my 2003 Raymarine electronics flashes red when booting or unable to boot, flashes orange when running w/o a fix and flashes green when running with a fix.

The model number for your antenna is required to understand the solid red meaning.

It likely doesn't have an on/off switch and is instead powered only through a fuse, not a big issue.

Olly
Guest Contributor
Thanks Wingless. I’ll look for a model number for the antenna