cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2005 320 Sundancer, the...

Gbatt
Guest Contributor

I have a 2005 320 Sundancer, the radio tuner is a Clarion XMD3.  I'm trying to get access to the back of it so I can connect a Bluetooth receiver to the AUX port.  When I take the two side panel off and remove the four screws the radio only comes out of the cavity about an inch and then stops.  Any suggestions on how to get full access to this?

5 REPLIES 5

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Are the attached wires preventing sufficient removal movement or is some mechanical part the problem?

Gbatt
Guest Contributor
Wingless Thx for the reply - the opening that the body of the radio slides into is just big enough for that to happen so I can't tell if there is a mechanical issue or if the cables are limiting the movement. It doesn't feel like a cable problem but I don't want to just try and yanking that thing out.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Why not post images showing the problem and possible options?

Remember they built the boat, so there has to be a way to disassemble.

Dagan
Guest Contributor
There is a metal stabilizer attached to the back the stereo and then screwed into the right side interior wall behind the stereo. You have to take the water level indicator off, that is directly above the stereo and then put your arm through the hole and unscrew from the back of the stereo to release it. Not an easy process.. Good luck

Gbatt
Guest Contributor
Dagan, Thx for the info, not sure I will tackle that one.