cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a2008 260 Sun Dancer I'm...

hammer1
Guest Contributor

I have a2008 260 Sun Dancer I'm getting water from under the step going into the cabin .Does anybody have any idea where this can be coming from? It's not the shower or air conditioner or the plastic box. The bilge pump in and out of the box works.

6 REPLIES 6

ernie2
Guest Contributor
I have an 06 340. Was getting water in weird spaces as well. Turned out it was deck rails where the chalking had failed. Water was getting in and running through the headliner all different directions. Had those rebed and was all good. Still trying to figure out how to cleanly patch the holes I had to cut into the headliner but the leaking stopped!!

Carol_s_Cruiser
Guest Contributor
Any chance that a poor refrigerator gasket could be the culprit?

JohnK1
Guest Contributor
We had similar, and it was the float switch. The switch came on when u turned the know but water in the box didn't activate the switch. We fixed by filing bits of the switch housing and the actual float. You can see if this is your problem by running the shower and watching if the float switch activates. Or maybe your box is leaking?

Millah
Guest Contributor
We had the same and found it to be a leak in the window in the bathroom. It ran down behind the bathroom wall making it tricky to diagnose as it showed up under the steps.

Jeanne_Marie
Guest Contributor
I had the same problem and there were 2 causes. First was the drain from the AC was overflowing the shower bilge pump. Need to replace float switch and bilge pump.
The second is the overflow goes into the lower bilge pump which then wets the carpet. Need to replace lower float switch and bilge pump. The drain for the AC pan in the engine compartments also be clogged and flood the shower bilge pump.

ernie2
Guest Contributor
Now that I think about it, we had a 260 before the 340. We used to lose power at the dock all the time. The fridge would defrost and the water would run out of it onto the floor as carol's cruiser suggested.

Leaks are a pain in the rear because the water moves behind things and all over the place.

Get a dehumidifier in the meantime to dry things out