cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recently bought a 2009 Sea Ray Sundancer...

drpz
Guest Contributor

I recently bought a 2009 Sea Ray Sundancer 330.  Although I have trim tab controls on the dash and I can see the trim tabs off the stern, I do not have a trim tab indicator to reveal what position they are in.  Up til now I've been doing it by dead reckoning.  My Vessel View manual says that the Tab Position Indicators is one one of the screens, but I cannot find it.  Can anyone share some guidance?  Thanks all!

7 REPLIES 7

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

When the interior of the hull is examined at the trim tabs, do they have both the hydraulic connection for moving the tabs and the electrical connection for the indicators?

clowenthal
Guest Contributor
I just installed this in my 2004 340 Sundancer - AWESOME!!!

clowenthal
Guest Contributor
https://bennetttrimtabs.com/atp/

drpz
Guest Contributor
Thanks both. Will investigate engine compartment and report back.

drpz
Guest Contributor
I looked in my engine compartment today and couldnt locate either the hydraulic or electric controls. Is this where they should be located?
Clearly my problem because I have tabs and they move. Also, I can confirm that the vessel view Doesn’t show a trim tab control screen anywhere. My tab controls on my dash have no indicator LEDs, controls only.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The tab is attached to the hull w/ three large wood screws in a ~3" triangle pattern.

There is a 1/8" 3" long copper pipe screwed into the center of the tab flange to plumb the hydraulic connection through the hull, into the engine room.

When Sea Ray built my boat they put a large "ant hill" mound of sealant around that pipe.

If the trim tabs have indicators, then at that "ant hill" there will also be an electrical harness being passed from the exterior to the interior.

Does the boat have only plumbing, or also wiring, coming out of that sealant "ant hill"?

The interior of the hull will have a hydraulic reservoir / pump assembly screwed onto a vertical surface, probably onto the transom.

Dave_Kerr
Guest Contributor
My 99 SD340 had Bennett trim tabs. They sell a conversion kit with LED display that my Yard man installed. It needs to be done out of the water. Bennett offers an Auto tab option once the feedback devices are installed inside the hydraulic cylinders. Bennett support was great!