cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recently had an experience on...

nick1
Guest Contributor

I recently had an experience on a narrow, high traffic river channel that was frightening. A noise, boat lost power, engines revving, smart craft system indicated check system (which I didn't have time to do), throttled down and shifted to neutral. Then shifted forward, powered up and no further issues. All gauges were in there usual positions. No unusual vibrations, noise, fuel or oil smell. Ran the boat for another half hour and returned safely to the marina and docked uneventfully. Have asked the mechanic for a "boat check" before I venture out again. Anyone else have this experience? It was almost as if I had inadvertently shifted to neutral with engines running at moderate speed, but after 12 years of boating think that unlikely. Comments appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

wingless
Rising Contributor
That 2007 340DA has a cable from the shift lever to the shift spool valve on the transmission.

The transmission FSM has instructions on proper cable adjustment. That should be verified.

The system should be inspected to verify everything is secure.

The fluid level should be properly checked.

nick1
Guest Contributor
The river experience was striking a submersed object with prop damage. This was repaired. The inability to get the boat on plane, documented in another post was related to defective spark plugs. Two on one side, one on the other. All is well and the boat performs without issues. Thanks to all for your suggestions.