cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought a Sea Ray 280 in San...

Andy
Guest Contributor

Just bought a Sea Ray 280 in San Francisco bay. Anyone know what the aft mattress size is?

13 REPLIES 13

Admiral_Purrl
Guest Contributor
what year? We had a 2004 and the aft mattress was 70" x 59" I believe. Bought 2 flat queen size sheets and just tucked in the bottom one all the way around. The width is a full size but the length is much longer so full size sheets didn't do the trick.

Admiral_Purrl
Guest Contributor
I think that's 70 x 50 not 59 sorry.

Andy
Guest Contributor
Thank you, Admiral Purrl. Ours is a 2006. Seems like Queen is the way to go!

Admiral_Purrl
Guest Contributor
Your welcome! You'll have left over width so if someone is handy with a sewing machine you can cut some off... Also another tip. Since that bed is made up of three cushions, I bought a mattress pad cut off the "skirt" part and sewed straight elastic corners that fit around the outside of the cushions. (I got full for this because length wasn't an issue as long as it covers where the cushions meet) It made for a smooth surface so you didn't notice where one cushion stopped and the other began.

Time_Flies_Albu
Guest Contributor
We have a 2005 280 Sundancer. We use an air mattress on the back deck over the engines as our first choice for sleeping, since we boat here in New Mexico and at Lake Powell where rain is not much of an issue, and the skies and stars are incredible.

Andy
Guest Contributor
That sounds great! If it ever climbs about 60 here in the bay, I'll try it out!

Time_Flies_Albu
Guest Contributor
I figured you would need to motor south a bit to take advantage of that option! If you ever trailer it or float it down south, keep the "veranda deck" open as an option for a great bed room.

Time_Flies_Albu
Guest Contributor
How did your first night out go?

Andy
Guest Contributor
We had a great time. We put a mattress topper on the aft berth mattress. It is a bit of a squeeze, but once you're in, it is nice and comfortable.

HUMPH
Guest Contributor
We are in the Bay Area as well. Not sure about the size but you would be well served getting a 3" memory foam topper with gel and cut to size.

HUMPH
Guest Contributor
Electric knife works great!

Popeye
Guest Contributor
New Owner - 2007 240 Sundancer in Modesto area - looking to do some bay cruising - any suggestions

Terry
Guest Contributor
Petaluma has lots of restaurants, cafes, bistros, etc. near the turning basin marina (it's the center of the town).