cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently purchased a 2005 340 Sundancer....

Pooh
Guest Contributor

Recently purchased a 2005 340 Sundancer. Need to add a fishing rod holder primarily for a BBQ. Looking at Port backside above where the door resides when opened. Any help would be greatly appreciated!  

15 REPLIES 15

G_A_
Guest Contributor
West Marine offers many kinds of mounts for Magma BBQ grills. I have a 340 SD I use the rod holder for mine.

Pooh
Guest Contributor
Perfect that is the type of BBQ i have. Question is where did you put the rod holder? I don't currently have a rod holder and looking for ideas as to where to mount.

G_A_
Guest Contributor
You can see it in the pic on the port side gunwale. Mine had a rod holder already there. westmarine.com has several at http://www.westmarine.com/search?Ntt=magma+mounts

Pooh
Guest Contributor
G.A.,Excellent, that is exactly where I thought it might go. It looks like you have a Camper style canvas like I do. I can't tell if you have to disconnect the canvas structure rods when you are using the BBQ?

G_A_
Guest Contributor
nope, just have to roll up my sun screens.

Pooh
Guest Contributor
Appreciate your help, if your ever boating in Puget Sound.....we will have to meet up!

JWR
Guest Contributor
I also have the same boat and love it! I used the Magma and the rod holder on the bimini rod above the door. You will need the extension and a second person to help you mount it. It works great!! Better than drilling a hole.

Pooh
Guest Contributor
Thanks, JWR. Do you have a picture by chance?

JWR
Guest Contributor
I don't at the moment, but will be on her later this week and will take a couple for you! I also changed the cockpit carpet and went with a vinyl product that is superb and put in a new floor in the cabin as we hated the factory carpet from years ago!

Pooh
Guest Contributor
Outstanding! Would love to see the floor treatments as well.

Flacoconut
Guest Contributor
Yes me too! Pic's would be great!

Dex
Guest Contributor
I mounted on my swim platform and it compleatly out of the way we love it there

bwoeller
Guest Contributor
I have one on the swim platform as well. Nice and out of the way.

Toad280
Guest Contributor
I mounted a Magma party kettle on my swim platform last year and love it there!

KevinC
Guest Contributor
Adding a rod holder there should be a simple install. Probably best to remove the door/panel to verify access. I attached a picture of where mine is on my 2004 340.