cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have a 2006 Sundancer 340 and...

TINA1
Guest Contributor

We have a 2006 Sundancer 340 and my husband wants more shade in the aft cockpit.   The add-on biminis I have seen don't complement the pretty lines of the boat.   Has anyone solved this problem and do you have pictures?

10 REPLIES 10

Bento78fr
Guest Contributor
Look for sureshade. Most new boats come with them factory installed but you can retrofit them on older boats. It really compliments the boat lines.

MrB18
Guest Contributor
If you are looking for original equipment canvas then go to Great Lakes Canvas. They have the original patters and can make you what would have come on the boat when it was built. I have a 2003, 300 and they sent me new front shade and aft top and it fits perfect. They will need your serial number

Dave_Kerr
Guest Contributor
I would like an extended rear sunshade on my '99 340DA. It would give more shade in the cockpit and more room when the rear curtain is installed. Sea Ray offered it on some later models. I just haven't found the right canvas guy.

TINA1
Guest Contributor
Looks good!

WickedRx
Guest Contributor
Dave, I am looking at the same thing, except I am thinking of a simpler version than the telescoping models, as they are $10K+. The new 2019 320 has a very workable version applied to the bow that I've noticed and I am talking to my canvas guy about it now. He's trying to see if we can make one similar for the rear to cover the cockpit. I will attach a picture of that version, but think of a rear application.

TINA1
Guest Contributor
thanks!

Vinster
Guest Contributor

Vinster
Guest Contributor
We added a custom made screen enclosure. Zipper access panels both sides and straps at each side + at the rear.. We made sure they used same snap points and to existing arch zipper. $2200

TINA1
Guest Contributor
Thanks... looks interesting

Vinster
Guest Contributor
Our boat faces East so the seating area in afternoons is hot direct Sun. With the enclosure up, air can pass thru easily with at least a 90% reduction in Sun. It also does wonders at night keeping flying pests away. We do have a 120v floor fan like a carpet dryer for air movement on no air days.