cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My spotlight on my 2008 Sea Ray...

Hatman
Guest Contributor

My spotlight on my 2008 Sea Ray 280 DA, would rotate, but the light wouldn't come on. I took control apart to clean terminals and it arched. Now nothing! The only breaker I can find for it is under the throttle and trim controls. The breaker was not tripped. Is there a fuse somewhere? Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

FIG
Guest Contributor
Hartman - based on your boat photo, you may have the same one I have. Guest/Jabsco/Marinco 5” spotlight. I would suggest to look at the spotlight itself. I just replaced the “bottom runner” gasket, and the light bulb. To replace the bottom gasket, you have to pull the whole unit apart and have some soldering skills.
Based on what you are describing it could be a number of things. Recommend to start at the spotlight and work backwards.
Btw - in my case, I haven’t been able to reconnect due to the lack of length on the plug inside the hole. May have to remove windlass to reconnect plugs.

Hatman
Guest Contributor
Thank you FIG. I believe I have found the problem. There should be a 10 amp inline fuse below the control. I am going to get into it tomorrow. I will let you know!