cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1999 Sea Ray 180

Sauvio
Guest Contributor

I have 1999 Sea Ray 180. Under the Bow seat cushions are small storage compartments.  The compartment at the tip of the bow collects water and doesn't drain.  The other 2 no problem.  Some have suggested drilling a hole, I'm not to crazy about drill holes in boats.  Does anyone know why this is happening or had the same problem. It has carpeting in it, not sure if there is a drain. Should I remove the carpet which looks like its glued pretty well. Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Shiggs
Guest Contributor
Same problem here, got swamped by a much larger boat making far too big of a wake, and the little blue compartment didn't drain unless I did it manually and left the seat off to dry. Will probably put a hole in it to drain into the boat next season honestly. United others have a better suggestion!

Mutual_Funs
Guest Contributor
Can’t offer any suggestions. I have same boat but 1998. Don’t have problem with water collecting in front bow compartment. When does it occur? Maybe your canvas cover is allowing water to get in front point of bow and it naturally seeps down into that compartment.

gypsmjiminc
Guest Contributor
If its carpeted it isn't designed to be an anchor locker, and thus isn't supposed to get water in it. If it DOES get water in it, your cover isn't keeping it protected.

Buy a simple nylon thru-hull fitting, drill a hole near the bottom and install it with 5200. Easy peasy and problem solbed.