cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2006 340SDA, windshield power vent...

Lakebum
Guest Contributor

2006 340SDA, windshield power vent issue. Was working then locked in the closed position same afternoon.

Checked push button breaker, it was good. Press open/ close button on dash and hear the relay clink.

Assume there is power, dash button and relay work. Next step is remove the cover inspect the operating mechanism.

I follow The Stream and read similar problems. I cannot find those prior postings. Advise how to find or share knowledge.

3 REPLIES 3

PETERW
Guest Contributor
Mine was stuck open, sounds like a similar issue. problem was the limit switch. I just eliminated the switch in the circuit.. The switch is on the actuator under the cover. If you do the same fix you just need to be careful not to keep the open/close buttons too long.

Tito1
Guest Contributor
Probably the motor on the actuator. Mine sticks sometimes. I just hit the switch a few times quickly and it frees up.

Genny
Guest Contributor
I've had the same issue intermittently for a while. I removed the plastic shroud that covers the piston & wiggle the wire to get it to work. I haven't figured out wether it's a loose connection or a bad butt splice because it hasn't failed again since I "wiggled" it.
( I haven't replaced the shroud yet either)