cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any suggestions for replacing the...

Timbowilly
Guest Contributor

Any suggestions for replacing the Smartcraft 2000 on my 2004 480 Sedan Bridge?  I can barely read the screen.  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Captain_Rick1
Guest Contributor
You can try and source a replacement from Cummings or eBay. IMO I would contact sbmar.com owned by Tony Akins, Cummings dealer. They have engineered state of the art replacement systems. Ain't gonna be cheap either way you try and go.

Flame
Guest Contributor
Similar problem w/ my '04 340DA SmartCraft 2000 screen, plus the N-S-E-W pushbuttons have frozen, so I can't change screens. Mercury Marine has a replacement, Vessel View 7, that is supposed to be 'plug and play'. Check out 'Vessel View 7' on UTube, there are a couple of articles attempting the replacement. I plan on the replacement next spring, but through a certified Merc Dealer to retain the warranty.

Captain_Rick1
Guest Contributor
Plug and Play? That's why the experts call it "Smartcrap" It cost you nothing to call Tony Akins company and get facts verses uTube videos

Flame
Guest Contributor
Will check Tony out, but let me ask, Cap'n Rick, have you replaced a SmartCraft 2000 System View w/ a suitable replacement?

Captain_Rick1
Guest Contributor
I have replaced the SC 2k with the SC 4...BUT only after consulting with a Seaboard Marine because it all depends on what serial numbers you have on the SC BUS. Some of the earlier serial,numbers require multiple in line components to be replaced...later versions do not. Ask to speak to Brad at Seaboard. He will guide you correctly. They have all of the required hardware plus they have an option to,go all digital and get rid of the SC all,together.