cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone familiar with the process...

By_Chance
Guest Contributor

Anyone familiar with the process of replacing the seal on the vacuflush toilet ball valve ? Thanks !

9 REPLIES 9

wingless
Rising Contributor
This link is good, showing all the different Vacuflush toilet model part diagrams by model number.

As an example, the head on my 2000 380DA is disassembled by loosening a perimeter band screw, retaining clam shell perimeter clamps, holding the bowl onto the base.

Once the bowl is removed the seal is exposed for removal / replacement.

Note that if the seal is leaking, then these same steps permit disassembly for cleaning and possible restoration of normal operation.

wingless
Rising Contributor
This time w/ link...

https://marinesan.com/vacuflush/vacuflush-toilet-parts-diagrams/

By_Chance
Guest Contributor
Thank you for your help !!!

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
Yes, what is your question?

By_Chance
Guest Contributor
Just looking for general information Tom as my ball valve seems to be leaking by lately. Once I determine my toilet model I think I will replace the seal and the spring cartridge as well. Thanks for responding. Pete

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
I'm assuming you have a problem with water staying in the bowl? If that's the case the first thing to do is turn off the toilet at the breaker and turn off the water. All the following is done with no vacuum at the bowl and the toilet full of water. Then put some dawn liquid soap into the bowl and as you step on the handle brush the inside of the gasket, make sure it's a round toilet brush. After you've cleaned the toilet, turn on the toilet and water. Let the toilet fill and flush. Wait to see if this solves the problem.
If not, turn off the toilet and water, flush the toilet and release the vacuum.
Replace the gasket by removing the toilet cover, then the toilet from the flange. Remove both gaskets, ball valve (1) screw and ball valve cam it's attached to. The brass cam is also attached to the foot pedal. It has two "O" rings and either the cam needs to be replaced or the "O" rings (2). Use silicone grease on the cam and a very thin coat n the gaskets and ball. Don't over tighten the toilet to the flange, it should be very snug but remember the flange is plastic (ABS) . Also, you are not removing the flange from the base unless you suspect it's got a crack in it.
If you are thinking of just replacing the ball valve,, don't, replace everything. The ball valve, both gaskets, brass cam. I hope it's just a cleaning, but if not, it's very simple and takes about one hour.
Regards,
Bow Tie

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
I also have a diagram and great parts source if you need it.

Capt__Jim
Guest Contributor
Plenty of YouTube videos showing the process are available.

M___K
Guest Contributor
Well… is it fixed? I can share if you still are having problems? We have 2 Vacu-flush heads in ours.