cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bilge pump

Papas_Pride
Guest Contributor
Hi
I'm trying to locate the bilge pump switch (Manual/Automatic/Off) switch in the engine compartment of my 2007 240 Sundancer. I can easily locate the pump, the float swich is inconviently placed under the engine (behind the pump), but every thing I read indicates that there should be a switch somewhere in the engine compartment. Any suggestions woudl be appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

CNYBoater
Guest Contributor
Can you direct me to an example of where you read that? If you have a manual (non-automatic) bilge pump that is also wired to a float switch, the 3-way switch (Manual-Off-Automatic) should be at your helm. oftentimes the "switch" mentioned as located at the bilge is a non-integrated float switch seperate from the bilge pump, not to be confused with the helm/dash switch. The 3-way switch bypasses the float switch when in manual and energizes the bilge pump. In automatic mode, the float switch is energized and if activated passes the current on to the bilge pump to turn on. In the off position at the helm there is no current flowing to either the pump or float switch.