cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greetings Everyone:  Hopefully...

twin_engine
Guest Contributor

Greetings Everyone:  Hopefully someone has a suggestion for removing a rust stain from one of the seats at the helm. I am not sure what the actual material is, other than describing it as vinyl.  It is the factory helm seat on a 2000 340.  Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Don_Mac
Guest Contributor
I would try Malco Leather and vinyl cleaner, if that does not work you could try oxyclean mixed in water. malco leather and vinyl cleaner usually takes out most stains on vinyl. If it is on the fiberglass portion of the seat, try FSR(Fiberglass stain remover), I would not use FSR on Vinyl.

twin_engine
Guest Contributor
Thanks Don, I will give it a try tomorrow. I do not recognize the name Malco, is this at a big box or marine store? I'll try the oxyclean tomorrow.

Don_Mac
Guest Contributor
The Malco vinyl and leather cleaner is hard to find, I buy it on the internet. I was made away of it from the person who does my upholstery on my classic cars. It is an excellent product. I just googled it so you can check it out, this was the first place it came up at https://detailsupplyplaza.com/products/malco-leather-plastic-cleaner-gallon?variant=16119508205614&msclkid=6af92d6d92641cf8e21b708b75be4f30&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**LP%20Shop%20-%20Malco&utm_term=4576167401946526&utm_content=shopify_US_1680342712366_16119508205614%20%7C%20Malco%20%7C%20Leather%20%26%20Plastic%20Cleaner%20-%208%20oz%20%7C%20%244

twin_engine
Guest Contributor
Thanks again. Weather was nasty today, so hopefully tomorrow I will give the oxyclean a try.

Harmony
Guest Contributor
I found a product called Marine Strip for cleaning seats ad power cords, etc. super strong but will clean stains and make seats look new again. I would only use it occasionally. You can find it online.

twin_engine
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the info. This is great membership forum . It saves a lot struggling trying to sort something out and avoid trial and error. I'll look the product up, and clean the power cord. Florida weather takes it toll on everything.

Mojo_Workin_
Guest Contributor
Use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser pads and a cleaning product called Fabuloso. Together they will make your seats look like new!

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
I used magic eraser and deck cleaner brand new

somefun
Guest Contributor
Be careful with Magic Eraser on your vinyl. I rubbed right through the color in a spot on mine.

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
My vinyl is white but thank u
U have to go light

somefun
Guest Contributor
Yes, go light for sure! Mine is white also. I was trying to remove a stain and ended up removing more! I know people advise against this, but I use bleach on everything white. It comes out beautiful! Been doing it for years.

somefun
Guest Contributor
When the cleaning is done, I rinse thoroughly and apply 303 Protectant

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
Me to 303