cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello from Indian Shores, FL -...

iBoat_Florida
Guest Contributor

Hello from Indian Shores, FL - 1997 370 Aft Cabin "Elise's Journey": I'm looking to add a fixed swim platform to the existing, molded in platform. I've seen pics of other models like mine with the added swim platform and they look great plus it adds much needed usable space. I know there are a couple of companies that do hydraulic swim platforms but those are too expensive and I'm not wanting to add that much additional weight. Anyone know where I can find a swim platform to fit my stern?

Thanks,

Oliver

8 REPLIES 8

wingless
Rising Contributor
This show the existing configuration

https://images.boattrader.com/resize/1/80/44/7098044_20190722055919108_1_LARGE.jpg

wingless
Rising Contributor
Sorry, forgot the question mark...

his show the existing configuration?

iBoat_Florida
Guest Contributor
wingless: Yes, that is my model and yes that is what my stern looks like. Attached is an image of the same model with an added swim platform.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Thanks fr the image.

IMO that example has the swim platform too high. It should be just below the inward transom step.

It should be possible to find something that could be modified, or to fabricate one from scratch.

Good luck.

Jack380AC
Guest Contributor
The swim platform on iBoatFL's boat is exactly where it should be. Any higher and it is too high off the water. Also, it is attached to a secure part of the aft of the boat. I have the same platform which I belive was a manufacturer option so designed by SeaRay. I am very happy with it. The only other I would prefer is a hydrolic platform so I could get a dink with more power! 🙂

wingless
Rising Contributor
Thanks Jack380AC and iBoat FL.

My boat also has a fixed OEM swim platform. I added a roller and guide to permit single handed dinghy loading / unloading.

jimy
Guest Contributor
Hi I had this platform added, check swimplatforms.com

jimy
Guest Contributor
Here's who it looks