cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello,  I bought a used 2011 Sundancer...

Sky_Pilot
Guest Contributor

Hello,  I bought a used 2011 Sundancer 240. I was filling the fresh water tank with both sinks running. Ended up with water on the floor in the cabin. The eater was near the head and stairs to the cabin. Any thoughts on the source of the leak? Email your thoughts to me at [email protected] Thanks!!

6 REPLIES 6

Sky_Pilot
Guest Contributor
That should be "leak", not "eater"...lol

Tom123
Guest Contributor
Have you checked the fill and vent lines to insure they are connected?

Shorebum97
Guest Contributor
On my 2006 240, the head sink drains into a box with a bilge pump which is located under the steps. The pump float got hung up by gunk and wasn't pumping. The result was wet carpet by the stairs. The solution ultimately was a new pump.

EddieM
Guest Contributor
Shorebum, you beat me to it! 99% chance that it's the sump pump in the box under the stairs. I had the same exact issue...

P.S. The A/C condensate goes into that box as well. When you are running the A/C the water goes into that box and dumps overboard.....I found this out with a soaked carpet after sleeping on the boat....

Blessed
Guest Contributor
Nice job Shorebum97 and Eddie deifying the issue. Defiantly the bilge sump pump! Not sure if you ran it so long that the small box overflowed. But, most likely the float got stuck down and did not turn or the motor doesn’t work. Pretty easy to replace, pop open the top of box remove the bilge pump, cut the wires and replace, my pump is a Attwood Sahara s750 model 4506.

skiparuski
Guest Contributor
i know on my 290 dancer that if the small pump (box) overflows it goes to a larger cavity of the boat. there is another (and bigger) bilge pump that takes over and pumps out the water. However, it does sound an alarm that you're taking water into that area of the boat.........