cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I have a 1991 Sundancer 310...

DavyC
Guest Contributor

Hi, I have a 1991 Sundancer 310 and I am having no success running a raymarine radar cable through the arch into the starboard side of the boat.  Does anyone have any tips? There is not a big enough existing hole and the base of the arch doesn't seem to be hollow all the way through.  Please help. 

5 REPLIES 5

Greg8
Guest Contributor
I recently bought the same boat and the radar cable comes out of the arch and runs down the inside of the arch from the speaker opening but there are other cables that are not run outside. My plan was to remove unused cable and when doing so attache a feed so I could pull a new cable. I don't know if the radar cable is too large but I would be interested in any other feedback on this.

Bob_Julie
Guest Contributor
I did it with my 2003 sundancer may years ago. I don't remember all the specifics but it was really difficult. I ended up taking the helm seats out. I did't have an existing radar wire to use as a guide so it might go easier for you. I hope
that helps.

DavyC
Guest Contributor
Thank you so much for your help! I unfortunately do not have an existing radar cable to help with the pull through so this is becoming very complicated. I need to drill a 3/4 hole to make a pass through but I'm scared commit because I feel like I am running blind and don't want to it some other wires.

Greg8
Guest Contributor
Have you taken the speaker or the cover over the speaker hole out on the sides of the radar arch to see what other cables are in there? Still not easy to see but using a mirror and a light you might be able to get an idea of what you are up against.

fwebster
Guest Contributor
This is for t he 2/28/16 question from DavyC on passing a radar cable thru the radar arch.

Radar arches are bolted to the deck. There is a pad layed into the deck on the deck mold and a mating pad layed into the arch. When the arch is mounted, t 2 pads fit together and there are usually 2 large bolts securing the arch to the deck. on each side. The factory usually bores some holes for wiring, electronics cables, etc on the stbd side. If yours has none or yours are filled, you will need to bore another hole or enlarge one that you have so it will accept the radar cable.