cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought a 2006 280. We have...

Andy
Guest Contributor

Just bought a 2006 280. We have a glomex antenna but no reception, no matter what the gain is set at. Any ideas about what switch or something we may be missing?

6 REPLIES 6

Bugsy24
Guest Contributor
Andy, prior to around 2008 Glomex Antennas were Analog now they are Digital. Call Glomax and they will probably send you a Digital Replacement.

Andy
Guest Contributor
Hello Bugsy24, Thanks for the info! I will ask glomex.

TimTech
Guest Contributor
There is no such thing as a "digital" antenna. Check your connections or see if your tv has a digital tuner.

Midnight_Blue_I
Guest Contributor
You will need a digital converter of some sort. Your tvs are not digital. A converter from Walmart or anywhere will work.

Scalawag
Guest Contributor
Hey Andy, just wanted to tell you about my experience... I have a 2007 280 and always just got a snowy picture. Walked next door to my dockmate's boat and he had crystal clear picture... I mean practically as good as my HD at home!! We figured out that the stock tv with the boat was analog. I purchased a small digital tv for about $89 at Best Buy and connected it and boom crystal clear. It's awesome!

Andy
Guest Contributor
Hello Scalawag,
Thanks for the firsthand news. I just did what you suggested, and it works great.
Thanks again,
Andy