cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I have a 2005 340 Searay Sundancer...

Shampoo
Guest Contributor

Hi, I have a 2005 340 Searay Sundancer that needs the cabin door track and rollers replaced. It looks like an involved job....are there any YouTube videos that would help? 

3 REPLIES 3

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

My long term ownership of my 2000 380DA included many salon door truck replacements. The original tracks are holding up fine.

Note there are three different height trucks. The replacement trucks must remain identical height to the original.

The disassembly reassembly isn't bad. Be aware the door panels are made from unobtainium, so handle / store w/ care to avoid damage.

Hard to tell from the photos available online, but it looks like the screws retaining the upper edge of the door panel to the trucks are accessible w/ the door closed.

Same for the lower trucks. On mine. the lower trucks are screwed to a U channel and that channel is screwed to the lower edge of the door panel w/ two-part flush fasteners.

Once the door panel is off, I unscrew the tracks to remove the trucks.

When I replace the tracks / trucks I apply sealant into each screw hole before the screw.

For longevity I vacuum the tracks, then flush the tracks / trucks w/ garden hose water to keep the crud level low.

Shampoo
Guest Contributor
Wool the console which includes the steering wheel pull forward without unplugging any electronics? I see a few screws on the bottom and the remainder is just siliconed...is this correct?

Shampoo
Guest Contributor
I meant will....sorry