cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I have a 2009 310 DA and my...

captain_Kent
Guest Contributor

Hi, I have a 2009 310 DA and my cabin door is getting very hard to open, I've cleaned the track as best I can and used different lubricants to help it slide but doesn't seem to help much- any ideas how to make it slide easier?

Knot @work

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

There are probably four trucks like these per door. Note that there are three different height trucks, so if replacing get the correct size.

https://www.fpmarine.com/Sliding-door-track-rollers-p/door%20truck%20a%2023mm.htm

Inspect the trucks after careful door removal and replace any defective trucks. It is common for these to fail over time.

Note that the doors are not available for replacement, so careful handling is required.

captain_Kent
Guest Contributor
Many thanks wingless, now I need to figure out how to get the door out, I haven’t seen an easy way- must need to dis assemble the door or the frame ...I’ll check u tube

Sent from my phone
Kent Howard

wingless
Rising Contributor
Glad to help.

This service is a required skill to keep things rolling properly.

On mine, the upper trucks / track is hidden by a panel retrained w/ push fasteners.

The bottom is screwed to a moving rail w/ the trucks attached to the rail.

Post images if questions exist.

rsg
Guest Contributor
Agree with wingless who has much knowledge! I have replaced on my 98 330DA. Had to remove the port side panel to access the track, train and trucks which is held in by upper and lower screws. More likely or not the truck wheels (bottom or top) have broken. Depending on what is available you may be able to replace the trucks only. Check with FP or boat outfitters may also have the parts. Not the easiest job but is doable once you gain access to track or access to trucks if easier on your model. If you are successful a little W2 goes a long way to help the door slide easily.