cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 1997 Sundancer 400 DA....

Rod_s_Julzz
Guest Contributor

I have a 1997 Sundancer 400 DA. I want to replace the ice maker in the cockpit area with a refrigerator to fit cutout of ice maker. Has anyone done this and if so, what to be on lookout for, good brand, any potential problems, etc.  Thanks to all in advance. 

10 REPLIES 10

MazenK
Guest Contributor
I replaced mine with a WHYNTER ice maker, around $700

CaptBill
Guest Contributor
I replaced one on a 58 SD Bridge. If your opening is like mine you have to not only remove the door, but also the metal rim around the opening. It was a very tight fit. It’s better to buy the exact make and model IM. I found the same model at Defender Marine.

Carol_s_Cruiser
Guest Contributor
I have an ‘07 340 DA. Previous owner had removed refrigerator in cockpit and we replaced it with a Norcold 1.7 cu ft. Refrigerator/Freezer. https://www.westmarine.com/buy/norcold--universal-voltage-marine-refrigerator-black-1-7-cu-ft--14000814
We love it! Fits in the opening perfectly and is a great performer. Hope this helps!

Rod_s_Julzz
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the help!

Alumofcu
Guest Contributor
Mine was gone when I purchased. Currently used for storage but water line is still there. Thinking of putting a kegerator there.

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
A Norcold will do it, I installed one in place of the ice maker with minimal trimming of the opening.

Pizan
Guest Contributor
Mine was also a Norcold... I removed it because previous owner did not maintain it. My guess is a Norcold will fit. I tried installing a Dometic crx-50 but it was a bit too large. Had to return it.

Lor-E-Lei
Guest Contributor
There are several inexpensive ice makers and fridges with the same dimensions on amazon. The existing sp-18 u line unit is a pain. There is a 110v plug behind it to connect to. Puck a fridge or ice maker with similar dimensions and you are good. Bunch of posts on models that are direct replacements on club sea ray.com. I have a 98’ 400 and am looking to do the same.

Nextchapterny
Guest Contributor
Summit makes a refrigerator ice maker combo I installed a few years ago it’s been great.

Alumofcu
Guest Contributor
I still have my water line for ice making and thought of putting a fridge back in there. Update us with pics when tour are done. Also was thinking of putting a kegerator in there or behind the washer dryer in salon.