cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 1998 280-AN Sea Ray, and...

Mack
Guest Contributor

I have a 1998 280-AN Sea Ray, and manuals are missing.  I need to hook up shore power in order to charge the batteries.  I am not sure how to set the switches on the DC power control in the cabin. I have not been able to find any specifics on line or through Sea Ray's website.  Any help would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3

Drago
Rising Contributor
Not sure about yours but my AJ has a sliding switch that has a generator and a shore power end. It has a cover that slides over it. When on shore power, you slide it over the generator side. This should allow/ensure you can/have access to the shore power main. Once thats on, then ensure the AC convertor switch is on. Besides that, the rest are optional.

Seabuz
Guest Contributor
Hi Mack the battery charger is separate you don’t need to turn the master battery switch on to charge the batteries. Just plug the shore line in and make sure the circuit breaker for the battery charger is on. Remember to check the water level in the batteries.

Korkie
Guest Contributor
Mack- you may want to check to see if your battery switch needs to be in a certain position in order for all of your batteries to charge. Some systems are set up that the switch needs to be on. I have had 2 boats set up that way, although my 340 doesn't require batts to be on. Worth a double check. Google your charger and see what the instructions say.