cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2004 280 Sundance and...

YOLO1
Guest Contributor

I have a 2004 280 Sundance and the spot light has stopped moving up and down with the remote .  Still works and moves side to side , any suggestions as where to start looking for this problem ?  Brooke not wire maybe ?  

6 REPLIES 6

SeaMax
Guest Contributor
There are a multitude of things that could be your problem, loose or broken wire, bad control switch, etc. I had the same problem and found that the drive motor was bad. If that is the case, get ready to spend some money. To check, remove the front glass cover, screws on both sides, then there is a set screw that comes up from the bottom, losen that and slide the entire mechanism out of the housing which will expose the motor and wiring. There are 3 wires coming into the motor, one is the ground, one for up and down movement and the one for left and right movement. Use the dash switch (two person job) to apply power and check each wire at the light. You should have power at two of the three when activating the switch.

YOLO1
Guest Contributor
Thanks will try you advice

UFGator
Guest Contributor
What brand of light do you have? Mine only turns 360 degrees, but does not move up and down.

YOLO1
Guest Contributor
I am not sure on brand , I will have to look next time to boat. It's the original that came on boat

UFGator
Guest Contributor
OK. It might be the Artex (ACR) RCL 100-D. If it is, it doesn't go up and down. It just rotates.

https://www.acrartex.com/products/catalog/searchlights/rcl100/?gclid=CjwKEAjwvMnJBRCO2NSu-Puc6AUSJAAf-OSUIKplEEjB3SGLtYs2v8BVHoXRTQBcJqcZTDliT-jesxoC8uDw_wcB#sthash.egVdk1CP.dpbs?ads_cmpid=207670294&ads_adid=11151917014&ads_matchtype=b&ads_network=g&ads_creative=43408910494&utm_term=%2Brcl%20%2B100&ads_targetid=kwd-108764725973&utm_campaign=&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&ttv=2

YOLO1
Guest Contributor
It does not look like that , It is round and either chrome or SS