cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2007 Amberjack and the...

Cliff
Guest Contributor

I have a 2007 Amberjack and the Engine Guardian system is giving several alarms.  1) Overspeed (I was only going ~6 knots), 2) low engine coolant pressure and 3) Overheat Engine Coolant Temp circuit.  Then it put me into a reduced power mode.  I already replaced the temp sensor and the gauge is pretty steady at 160F.  I doubt 3 unrelated alarms are the problem all at once.

Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5

Big_Ed
Guest Contributor
I think your impeller is shot. I have a 2007 290 with two 5.0s and the impellers had to be replaced this year they're supposed to be replaced every year. Even though the engine is not getting hot it may not be getting enough fluid and the computer is telling it not to rev up.

Cliff
Guest Contributor
Hi Big Ed. Thanks for your thoughts but I replaced the impeller 2 months ago.

Big_Ed
Guest Contributor
Both? There's one in the lower unit and one in the engine.

Cliff
Guest Contributor
No, only one. I did not know there was two. I replaced the one at the front of the engine in the housing. Where is the other? Do you have a diagram you could send me? Thanks for the heads up on that one. I definitely overlooked it!!!!

Cliff
Guest Contributor
Just a follow up. I put the computer on the boat and the diagnostics came back and said it was the seawater pressure switch. The reason I was getting the Overspeed fault was because when the Seawater pressure switch made the Guardian System limit my throttle to about 1,500 RPM, I tried to push it higher and it gave me the second alarm. I will take it out this weekend and hopefully the problem will be solved, but I just wanted to share the solution to my problem (hopefully).