cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2009 Sundancer 330. I'm...

Ricardo1
Guest Contributor

I have a 2009 Sundancer 330.

I'm trying to find out where is the switch to turn the TV reception from the boat antenna to a shore cable source.

I have the cable to connect the boat input (located inside  the shore power compartment) to the shore source, but I can't find the switch to change the boat TV reception.

Thanks.

Ricardo

14 REPLIES 14

wingless
Rising Contributor
The combination TV amplifier, antenna / cable switch on my 2000 380DA is a cabin switchplate device, that matches all the existing Idea switches and receptacles on the boat.

On mine it is not far from the TV closest to the arch, next to the 'fridge.

When I examined images for your boat online and the Owner's manual I did not discover the location.

My guess is that wall plate device is located within one of the cabin lockers, behind one of the doors.

Ricardo1
Guest Contributor
Thanks .I will keep looking.

Cea_Lyn
Guest Contributor
it took me a while to find the switch on my 2002 36SD I found it in a cabinet just below the TV in the Galley. after turning it on I had a red light but still no reception on any local station. the TV/DVD does work using a DVD so that's good. I am beginning to think that the antenna is not capable of receiving the HD Transmission that all the local stations went to. any thoughts

wingless
Rising Contributor
There is no such thing as a HD antenna, except for marketing purposes.

The cabling to the antenna and amp must be solid. On mine I rewired the amp to a DC breaker instead of using the AC/DC wall wart used by the factory, so my updated DC TV would have a working antenna w/ the generator off when on the hook.

TimboSlice
Guest Contributor
Does the boat have a Glomax antenna? I have found that unless you're about 50 yards from TV station tower, reception is lacking with Glomax. I know that is not much help....

Admiral_Purrl
Guest Contributor
Not sure I understand completely, but the switch from Cable to Antenna is at the TELEVISION itself. Then you have to turn OFF the antenna or you won't be able to get the cable. The switch everyone mentioned above needs to be in the off position. When you switch back to antenna tv the antenna needs to be turned on and the television set to antenna input. Hope that makes sense.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The TV switching may work that way on the Admiral Purrl 2014 330DA, but on my 2000 380DA there is a wall plate control, w/ an antenna amplifier gain knob having a selector that changes from antenna to the external cable input, having a motion detent just past the minimum gain rotation.

When the external cable input is selected, then the TV must also be toggled from over the air broadcast TV to cable TV, to tune those different frequencies.

Ricardo1
Guest Contributor
Wingless: I believe that is the answer. Thanks

Cea_Lyn
Guest Contributor
I have looked and on my TV's there is no switch to change from Cable to Antenna. I cannot find anyway to make this switch with the remote. I really don't want to put to much $$ into this. I have purchased a $10 HDTV antenna and am going to try to connect it to the cable side and see if that works

Admiral_Purrl
Guest Contributor
What kind of TV do you have? I have a Samsung and the option is in the menu screen "source" Then I can choose Antenna or CATV. Then I run channel search. I then searches for all available channels. It's kind of a pain. We don't have cable in our home port but when we travel many marinas do. I'm forever forgetting to turn the internal antenna off and wonder why I just get snow.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Cea Lyn, the factory built your 2002 360 Sundancer with two televisions, so the switch that toggles from over the air antenna to cable input must be external to either television, with a control as I've described.

On your boat, my suggestion would be to start the search in the cabinets under or around the galley TV.

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
The remote for tv will have a button for either input or source push that and set tv on tv not cable or it wont work

gkuypers
Guest Contributor
I’ve never tried mine, but on my 2008 330DA there is a black box that says ship/shore in the 1st upper cabinet. I have/had Direct TV and decided to put a regular antenna in my boat and ultimate removed this switch, but it did have tv cables that ran through it.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Here is the Glomex amplifier / switch the factory installed onto my boat.

http://www.glomex.us/portfolio-items/manual-a-b-amplifier/?portfolioCats=47

The factory wired mine to a wall wart AC/DC converter, plugged into the same receptacle providing AC power to my refrigerator. I snipped off that converter and instead wired this amplifier / switch to be powered by the same DC that powers my upgraded TV, so I don't have to fire up the generator when on the hook, just to watch over the air broadcasts.