cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Vacuflush 5600 head. ...

bdowdney
Guest Contributor

I have a Vacuflush 5600 head.  The hinges on the lid have broken.  Sea Ray part number 317500603.  Anyone know where I can buy just the hinges without having to buy the lid?

9 REPLIES 9

wingless
Rising Contributor
The Vacuflush toilet seat assembly costs $40 to $100 complete.

Either get a replacement seat, or go to a home improvement store to get a conventional seat for lower cost, rip off the hinge parts and rework the broken seat.

Also address the root cause that broke the seat. No more flying leaps to land on the head.

SasSea
Guest Contributor
I had the same problem. Bought a seat & lid assembly at Home Depot for $7 and removed the hinges. They were an exact match. Threw away the new wood seat & lid.

CryoMike
Guest Contributor
I had the same problem and finally did what SasSea did - Home Depot. Incredible that you can’t reasonably buy just replacement hinges. And it’s a poor choice by Sea Ray (and others) to use cheap plastic hinges in the first place. Plastic weakens with age, and even with gentle sitting this component takes abuse.

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
I found the same hinges on Ebay in white, so I painted the hinges with Crylon paint. Ive done this replacement on both toilets. A perfect fix for $7!

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
There is a listing for a set now at $9.48, here is the link, copy and paste.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Master-Plumber-479-568-White-Toilet-Seat-Hinge-Replacement-Part/371414928232?hash=item567a0e0b68:g:KPMAAOSwJQdW9axW

Jayhawk
Guest Contributor
The bowl on my head was replaced with a standard size bowl. I was able to replace the entire seat with one from HomeDepot for $18.

340_Sundancer
Guest Contributor
I went to Lowe's and bought an cheap Ivory colored lid to match the color. I took the hinges off and put them on my lid. They matched perfectly! About $6.

Fast_Eddie1
Guest Contributor
what's the possibility of fitting a self closing seat on my head on my 2003 34 Sundancer?

JimM1
Guest Contributor
Go to seacoastservices.com to find all the parts you will need for your toilet systems.