cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just purchased a 93 Sea Ray 180...

Tornado
Guest Contributor

I just purchased a 93 Sea Ray 180 bow rider and I replaced the stock Craig cassette stereo deck. My question is when I did that I noticed there was a second set of wires for extra speakers already under the dash. Where do the wires end up for the extra speakers. I would like to add a pair of speakers to make it 4 speakers instead of 2. Thank you 

8 REPLIES 8

Jordan_G_
Guest Contributor
That depends on your seating layout. Does your boat have back to back seats or bucket seats and a bench?

Tornado
Guest Contributor
They are back to back seats. Here is a pic of the layout.

Jordan_G_
Guest Contributor
I have the next model up from yours - a 200 Bow Rider. My boat came standard with 4 speakers. My rear speakers are in the cubbies on either side of the back to back seats. See the pic of the rear speakers. (They are missing the grilles. I replaced the speakers after the pics were taken)

Your boat came standard with 2 speakers. The wiring most likely ends in those side cubbies.

Tornado
Guest Contributor
Thanks Jordan I will check inside the cubbies to see if the wires end up there. I included a better pic. It's funny how 2 feet bigger gets you an extra cup holder in the engine cover, lol.

Tornado
Guest Contributor
My gas tank sending unit must need a little attention also. It shows less than a quarter tank when it's half full and it bounces around a lot when you are underway. Is yours pretty steady? When it's full it shows full by the way. Or should I have started another thread for this question.

Jordan_G_
Guest Contributor
That is funny about the cupholder....

If you know someone with a speaker toner, they can tell you where the wires terminate. 4 speakers for the stereo were not an option on your boat in 1993, so there is no telling where the wires could be, but my best guess is where I suggested. Good luck on the hunt!

You can start another thread if it is another topic, but it’s ok.

My fuel gauge didn’t read anything but empty when I first got the boat two years ago. I had the sending unit replaced. The float was made of cork. Over time, gas soaked the material and hardened it into a dead weight. I replaced the sending unit with one that has a plastic float. This will prevent in the future what happened to the last sending unit.

The gauge now stays relatively stable while underway, but the gauge is still off when it shows fuel level. My tank has about 15 gallons of fuel in it right now and the gauge shows 3/4 full.

Tornado
Guest Contributor
Nah, no need for another thread. You told me exactly what I needed to hear. I will have the sending unit changed and go from there. Thanks again Jordan for your help and the education.

Jordan_G_
Guest Contributor
No worries. Keep us posted on your progress. Glad to help. 🙂