cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've a 37' aft cabin. When the...

osully
Guest Contributor
I've a 37' aft cabin. When the sofa bed in salon is fully opened (ie at max 'down') the two halves do not align properly so that the outer half slopes down - making it difficult to sleep on. Has any one else had this issue and how was it resolved please.
2 REPLIES 2

wingless
Rising Contributor
Here is the Shrock Manufacturing Inc. / Elkhart, IN 46515 (219) 264-4126, sofa mechanism on my 2000 380DA, yours may be similar.

There is not any adjustable stop on the mechanism, to position the endpoint of the cushion movement at a different location.

On my boat, the upper cushion has a rounded surface at the top (when configured as a sofa), so even though the cushion lays flat when configured as a bed, that rounded top makes the surface not flat.

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48666441008_a84ed3def6_b.jpg[/img]

One option would be to add a stop in the track, so it is prevented from fully reclining.

Another (easier) option would be to remove the upper cushion from the arms, then insert spacers between the cushion backer board and the arms, to attain a different angle, when used as a sofa and when used as a bed.

osully
Guest Contributor
Appreciate the comment. I'll try inserting a spacer next w/e.