cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought a 2001 280. There are...

SeaYa
Guest Contributor

Just bought a 2001 280. There are light black scuff marks on the vinyl seats. Is there a product that will get These off? Any recommendations for cleaning the vinyl? Thanks all! 

13 REPLIES 13

Mikeeh
Guest Contributor
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Usually works for me.

Bob_440_DA_w_Ca
Guest Contributor
Be very careful using a magic eraser on the vinyl. I do not know why but I have seen it nearly destroy the vinyl. Suggest 301 products or Lexal which is less expensive.

Rewarded
Guest Contributor
Use the new Star Brite Ultimate Vinyl Clean with a scrub brush. After cleaning, use their Ultimate Vinyl Gaurd to protect and provide a really nice luster. Both are awesome new products that I have used with great success. As the other gentleman suggested, be very careful with using a Magic Eraser....tends to have undesirable consequences.

SeaYa
Guest Contributor
I have heard alot about the magic eraser, I am going to stay away from that. Thank you for the info! Happy Boating!

Mikeeh
Guest Contributor
I never had a problem with Magic Eraser but I'd follow conventional wisdom here and avoid them for your situation. Meanwhile, I'll reconsider my methods. 😉

SeannyG
Guest Contributor
Magic Eraser is just super find sandpaper, it removes layers of material. I've had a lot of success with 301 sprays and a brush or towel. But if nothing else works, then I would use a magic eraser, but only extremely sparingly.

greatscott
Guest Contributor
magic eraser will take the color out if rub to hard i use bleach white and scrubby pad w light pressure

Ollie
Guest Contributor
Like Magic Eraser, I wouldn't recommend bleach either. Bleach will deteriorate the stitching. Do not use any soft scrub type of products either. You'll end up putting the vinyl , then you'll have mildew issues. Starbright has vinyl cleaner. You'll need something that is specific to vinyl, and old fashioned elbow grease.

greatscott
Guest Contributor
been using bleach white for 20 years still look

Captain_Zero
Guest Contributor
Oxyclean with bleach

HUMPH
Guest Contributor
I would recommend always starting with something like Spray Nine and a medium brush followed by a water flush with a wet rag. Come back with 303 Vinyl Protector and you should be good. If you can't get it out, try something more aggressive like lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide mixed and scrubbed in. Let the sun help you with that one. Always protect after cleaning!

Admiral_Purrl
Guest Contributor
Mr. Clean Eraser sponge! Have yet to find anything it didn't clean and they are $1 (Target's up and up versions are just as good). Used the 303 vinyl protector on my 04 280 and after 10 years not a crack, split or spot on them.

Captain_Rick1
Guest Contributor
Bleach will yellow vinyl as will Erasers Stay with quality marine vinyl cleaners..