cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just purchased a 1991 220 DA have...

ngaydazng7
Guest Contributor

Just purchased a 1991 220 DA have not gotten her into the water yet but she's a beaut 135 hours on the original engine

6 REPLIES 6

Steele_y_Tutz
Guest Contributor
With so few hours, be sure to watch everything closely. Gaskets and seals will fail when not being used. When things get used after sitting, then take it slow and watch everything good. You are sure to find the bad parts. Congrats on the new cult, er, I mean toy.

ngaydazng7
Guest Contributor
thanks good to know the -Dealers mechanic have gone through it so I should feel ok baoput it

Steele_y_Tutz
Guest Contributor
I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer here. But a mechanic can't see the inside of or the mating surface, unless taken down. Just a plan for down the road repairs. Did the dealer run the motor? I would hope so. I have seen low hour motors with some really bad cylinders from rust and such that hadn't been "pickled" before sitting. One was a complete loss as the rings tore out of the pistons and scored the walls too much.

I always plan for the worst and have beer money for later. Although I don't drink beer. I have kids instead.

ngaydazng7
Guest Contributor
No they ran the engine and I'm due a water test providing it ever warms up not sure how far apart they broke down the engine but mechanic said it purrs better than I did on my previous boat a stingray 200 cx great boat by the way I know I'll have to put some money and elbow grease into her but who buys a boat to make money anyway

Steele_y_Tutz
Guest Contributor
Buys a boat to make money? Bwah ha ha ha! Now that would be good! We have two boats to stop from spending so much on the kids.

dracoss
Guest Contributor
ngay I bought a searay few years ago with 220 hours on it, the 4.3 lx. Runs like a kitten a sips gas. Mechanic replaced ignition module, tuneup, oilchange which is a pain in the butt on mine. No problems. Have a blast and enjoy!