cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kenyon Electric Grill stopped working...

WickedRx
Guest Contributor

Kenyon Electric Grill stopped working - and solution. I wanted to post information about the Kenyon electric grill that I hope others may find useful. We were grilling on the water and after about 15 minutes, the grill shut off and the on/off button was not responsive despite the generator still running and the grill circuit being on. As it turns out, we overheated the grill by placing a large foil sheet over most of the surface of the grill to roast potatoes on. That large amount of surface coverage seems to have trapped the heat in the grill and overheated the circuitry. We also identified a bulbous circuit breaker in the cabinet under the grill which contains two buttons and a light which must be the safety circuit breaker. After the grill cooled off (the glass panel with the on/off button was very, very hot), I pushed one of the buttons on that in-line circuit breaker and the orange light came on and the grill once again worked. So, we will not cover the grill surface that much again, and if the grill ever stops working again, we now know there is a circuit breaker in the line hidden up under the grill in the cabinet. Happy grilling all.

1 REPLY 1

JJP
Guest Contributor
That is a GFI that tripped most likely because it became wet. You can purchase a griddle for the Kenyon grill and it works well. Never had an issue covering the grill with foil. Make sure there is water in the pan underneath and it won’t smoke or overheat