cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a little help. 98 330...

Vinman
Guest Contributor

Looking for a little help. 98 330 dancer in the cabin there are two storage lockers on the floor, I discovered wet carpet. when I open the lockers both were full of water. I do not know how. there is no leaking from the shower sump and no leaking from the air conditioner cooling lines. nor a plugged condenser pan. I checked fresh water lines and discovered no brakes or cracks. Has anyone had this issue? 

7 REPLIES 7

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

The wet carpeting indicates the leak is happening above the locker, not from the plumbing below the flooring. A good / "quick" verification is to turn off the fresh water DC breaker when leaving the boat and turn on after returning (w/ the ice maker also turned off) and verify the fresh water pump doesn't cycle to restore pressure.

The wet carpeting indicates a leak from above, such as a port light or a sky light leak. A two person operation w/ an exterior garden hose and an internal observer may be the best action to locate the leak.

Also start w/ dry storage lockers to aid in the diagnosis.

Vinman
Guest Contributor
Thanks so this boat is a hoistcap boat I've got everything dried out while the boat was in the air I slowly set it in the water and the closer it came to a float the is the rear locker started filling with water

wingless
Rising Contributor
@VINCE CIPRIANO, YW, don’t those symptoms indicate that the rear locker water is raw water intrusion entering from a below waterline hull location?

Millah
Guest Contributor
I had a mystery like this. My head window was leaking behind the wall of the head and running under the floor showing itself in the storage area of the rear birth.

buddydog
Guest Contributor
I have had similar problems on a 460. I would get water in the salon storage locker and beneath and behind the port engine, lots of it. I was in the habit of overflowing the fresh water deck inlet. Since I corrected the practice, all is bone dry. I have not been able to determine if a fix is necessary or possible. It appears that the excess overflow water runs down the inside of the hull and runs to the below deck storage and the port side bilge where it is trapped. Could this be your problem?

Vinman
Guest Contributor
Turns out the hoist bunk forward Starboard punctured the planeing strike that's where water came from. 😖

wingless
Rising Contributor
Thanks for the update.

The analysis fits the symptoms.

Get a GREAT person to repair the damage.

It should be fine forever if the repair is implemented properly.