cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for advice on replacing...

JimGx
Guest Contributor

Looking for advice on replacing the Clarion CMD5 on my 2006 290 SD.   It's mounted in the cabin electrical panel along with all the AC/DC switches.  I've removed the face screws from the Clarion unit and it will only pull out about a 1/2 inch, so there may be something holding it from behind.  When I tried to remove the electrical panel to access the reverse I couldn't get the panel off.  I found all the screws, but the fit is so tight it feels like I will damage it if I force it.  Any thoughts on how to remove the electrical panel?

1 REPLY 1

Coastie
Guest Contributor
I just updated the audio equipment in my 240 SD. I checked with the local Sea Ray dealer on removing the access panel for the dashboard gauges, there are 3 to 4 SS screws that hold the panel in the helm compartment. The screws might be buried in the lining cover, as were mine. Once the panel is removed you will find an aluminum mounting bracket that is easily removed by backing out the bolt nuts. Once bracket is removed the unit will pull out from dashboard. FYI I replaced old unit with Clarion MW1 purchased from Crutchfield, and Clarion M505 head unit from West Marine, it sounds awesome. Good luck.