cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transducer location

Springmaker
Guest Contributor
Where is the best place to position the transducer for a depth sounder/ fish finder on a 40' Express Cruiser ?
Will a flush mount through hull tranducer work ?
I have been advised to use a tranducer with a high performance fairing & a paddle wheel which is much more difficult to install. The fairing must be cut to match the dead rise of the hull. I prefer the easier installation of a flush mount but must locate a spot where it will not be exposed to air bubbles/turbulence while underway.
Comments?
1 REPLY 1

fwebster
Guest Contributor
Sea Ray molds a solid area in their hulls for mounting transducers, intake/seacocks, etc. That area is safe and will avoid penetration into the core, if your model has a cored hull.  If ll you are doing is adding a bottom machine/fish finder, then I don't think you need a paddle wheel transducer. Match your needs with the transducer.......if you want to know the specis and count the scales on the fish, then you would need a very spohisticated transducer, but if you just want an accurate display of the bottom contour you can probably do what you want with a simple flush mount transducer with some angle deflection built into its design. Take a look at the Airmar website and you will get a good idea of what is available.