cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just bought an 05 260 SD. Can't...

BILL13
Guest Contributor

I just bought an 05 260 SD. Can't wait to put her in the water.  

She did not come with a chart plotter.  I prefer to dash mount one, any suggestions?  Would like to stay in the $500 range.  We will dock at Riverstone Marina on the Tennessee River so mostly river travel.

Also, is there a suggested app until I can get one installed?

Bill

11 REPLIES 11

Jan_H
Guest Contributor
Hi Bill,
The GPS plotter on my 06 sundeck 270 was unreadable and I had in mind the same budget you have, I found on ebay a Garmin 640 (brand new in box) . This is a discontinued model, but believe me, at 400$ + - it is a very good purchase. There are a few (brand new) still on sales...

Tom_M_424
Guest Contributor
Bill, if you are looking to keep it simple. A great little unit that gives you a lot of bang for your buck, try out the Garman echomap 44dv. It's on sale right now at West Marine for $249. It's by far the best value for your dollar out there right now.

ISLAND_TIME1
Guest Contributor
no matter which version Garmin is the most user friendly and toughest that i've ever used, i have only used them in my center console boat, shrimp boats, cars, rv,

Bill_Favaro
Guest Contributor
I have a new only used 4 times with upgraded SD card with all us waterways. Garminmap 527. Retails almost 700. Will part with it for 499. I upgraded boat which has built in components

Bill_Favaro
Guest Contributor
Here is box have everything it came with

Bluray
Guest Contributor
Meanwhile and I use this with and including very good Nav and GPS equipment check in App Store (Free) Skipper "Raster Marine Charts I believe it is also in the Andriod aps Another is the local TV app for FOX news "No I don't usually agree with the Libtards" but FOX has a great android / Apple app for local weather Radar Up to the minute. another would be GOOGLE EARTH for phone app Easier to spot shore structure as in fuel piers and marina's etc. I have Lowrance and a lowrance wifi Network adaptor so I can use my IPAD to view and control Chart/ Radar, structure scan, sonar, engine peramiters (temp / oil / RPM/ water press. / etc. ) and a forward looking FLIR thermal cam (for fog and night driving etc) Also a long range Network HOT SPOT extender, I can usually sign onto our Marina's hot spot up to two miles or so "puts us at our fav beach" will also allow us to tap free into lakeside Corps of engineer's campground free WIFI hotspots, Connection to a good hotspot also allows Directv streaming of almost all channels we get at home.

Andy
Guest Contributor
If you could post a picture of where you mount the unit, I'd appreciate it. I'm thinking of doing the same thing but cannot decide where to mount it.

SMT
Guest Contributor
Download Navionics HD on your phone or pad for free.

RickR
Guest Contributor
just did, thanks great resource.

FLKey
Guest Contributor
I like the iNavX app for my iPhone and iPad. It costs a few dollars but it uses the NOAA charts which are free and I like the app/charts better than the Navionics app and the Navionics charts off shore in the Gulf are cluttered with the oil and gas lease block info (even just a few miles off.)

e337222
Guest Contributor
I use iNavX app and I have an iPad mount on my dash so its permanently on the boat. Only downside if left in the sun you may get the "iPad needs to cool" message. You can also link it to smart craft