cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another horror story of a dealer. ...

Sauvio
Guest Contributor

Another horror story of a dealer.  I took my 1999 Sea Ray 180 to the dealer cus I couldn't find any mechanic to work on my I/O, unless I waited 2-3 months.  I did some of the work myself, new plugs, cap, rotor, wires...I wanted to do a tune up and maybe service the lower unit. I didn't have any records from the previous owner.  Bring it to the dealer, wait 2 weeks, they call and say it needs new trim send units, water pump, plus finish the work I did by changing the oil and oil filter and the fuel filter.  I go pick it up and they hand me a bill for $1600 bucks, They tell me it overheated during testing to over 220 degrees and needs a exhaust manifold and riser for another $1600. I say no way!!  Bring the boat back put it in the driveway. Next morning all of the gear lube is all over the driveway.  ON TOP of that I look at the exhaust bellows which was fine when I brought it up to the dealer and now is shredded.  Call the dealer who tells me the exhaust bellow got fried because of the Manifold not working.  My question is don't these dealers have any check and balances to assure that a NEW CUSTOMER is looked after and they do an inspection of their work before giving back to the owner?  So now I don't trust these people and I still don't have a boat to use.  I did order the parts online. But now I am thinking of replacing the Carb too.  Can anyone recommend a reliable place for new carb its a Mercrusier 3.0 135hp

1 REPLY 1

04fxdwgi
Guest Contributor
for the carb, try these guys:
https://flyingfishcarburetors.com/Marine-Boat-merCruiser-Rochester-OMC.htm#merc

Have used them when replaced carb on my last boat, a 2550SX Sport Chaparral w/ 7.4.

Went without a hitch