cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best prop for 1989 220da with 5.7l engine

argonaut
Guest Contributor

mid cabin,  operated on lake 1600ft above sea level, which slightly affects performance. top speed now is 34.5 with gps.

Prop has strange numbers---Michigan  R M 7484  215 Cup

4 REPLIES 4

jamesbrrw
Guest Contributor
Dear Argonaut, I have a 1990 22 DA. My back seat is detached and has no brackets. Would you be willing to take some photos of how your back seat attaches to the stern and send them to me? Sorry I cant advise you on a prop, I can tell you what mine has on it if that would help. I use the boat on the long island sound though. [email protected]

Scubamook
Guest Contributor
I need to replace a chipped prop on my 1989 220DA. Merc 5.0 MPI. Looking for advice also.

argonaut
Guest Contributor
Hi,I just replaced my prop with a 16 X 16 size, that I had from another boat. It has very wide blades.   My engine specs say 4600rpm max.   With an empty water tank, 1/4 tank of gas, on a cool morning,  engine turned 4800rpm and 37.5 mph.   With all the camper cabin canvas up I turned 4500rpm and just over 34mph.   I have read that a 14.5 X 17 prop is a possible  recommendation  also.   I am quite happy with this prop and is easily available.    I can't try other props as there are no large marinas near by.   And unlike the boating mags. say I don't think they would let me borrow props to try,  unless I had bought a $50,000 + boat from them.Hope this helps.Argonaut    Bill 

Scubamook
Guest Contributor
Jamesbrrw I emailed you pictures of the rear seat. I could not attach here the files wereally too big.