cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 1991 260 Overnighter with...

Mike-Faith
Guest Contributor

I have a 1991 260 Overnighter with a 7.4L and Bravo 3.  I checked the outdrive when winterizing and found a tear in the bellow.  Since I have only had the boat for two years and do not have any history on the boat I thought I should get a transom service repair kit for bravo 3 drive.  Does anyone have an idea how much it would cost to have it done?  I want to prevent a lost season.  Thank you for any help.

3 REPLIES 3

Jordan_G_
Guest Contributor
Hello. Bravo 3 service repair kits can be purchased online for a few hundred dollars. Labor to replace everything has typically been around 4 or 5 hours, if I remember correctly, depending on the shop. Since you have no history, I would recommend having a shop go through the entire outdrive for seals and maintenance. Better safe than sorry. Unfortunately, to do all the seals and maintenance on the drive, you are probably looking at around $1,000 when all is said and done. You never mentioned which bellows had the tear. The 3 bellows you have - it is critical that they aren’t damaged. It is not a season ending thing though. Get your bellows serviced and you should have many years of use out of them.

Mike-Faith
Guest Contributor
Thank you for your response. I got an estimate that shows you are spot on! Appreciate your advice.

Jordan_G_
Guest Contributor
Glad to help!